I'm veering from a vintage post, mainly because I received this email in a forward. I usually don't even look at these but this one came from my mother in law and I thought it had some good tips. Has anyone tried any of these? I'd like to hear your success or failures with Bounce Fabric Softener sheets. (Bounce if you'd like to pay me for this post please email me : ) )
"The US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a
sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.
Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. I use it when I am
working outside. It really works. The insects just veer around you.
All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer !
1. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels
2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are
sitting and it keeps mice from entering your
3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened
4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when
outdoors during mosquito season.
5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your
television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from
7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce
in a drawer or hang in the closet.
9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.
10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of
Bounce before beginning to sew.
11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside
empty luggage before storing.
12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the
13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill
with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent
apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom
of the wastebasket.
15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will
magnetically attract all the lose hairs..
16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds
with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust
17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce
will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce
at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or
20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to
keep the bees away.
21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before
folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling
22. Wet a Bounce sheet, hose down your car, and wipe lovebugs off easily
with the wet Bounce."