-->

Friday, October 9, 2009

Junk Jaunt 2009 Recap

I'm finally recovering from being gone and leaving my husband in charge of the house for 3 days. Needless to say there was somehow over 1 1/2 weeks worth of laundry to be done, no groceries in the house AT ALL and just massive amounts of stuff to do.

But the junk jaunt was well worth it. My 11 yr old and I left bright to (well not bright, as it was still dark out) and early Friday morning- 5:00AM. It was a 3 hour drive to our first stop-Broken Bow. We were both a little unsure of what to expect, but we were off. After a little Right Said Fred "I'm Too Sexy" and The Bangles "Manic Monday" thanks to the local radio station, we ran over a possum...well I think just its tail.

We got to Lexington before I realized we needed gas, but then we were set.

Our first stop was a garage sale in Broken Bow, I was excited she was excited and we scored a few finds. I found 4 black chromcraft chairs for $1 each, a few pairs of shoes, a purse and a few puzzles. My daughter picked up this Halloween mask and asked "Is this Michael Jackson?" (she was serious)
We headed to the Broken Bow Fairgrounds and found a few deals including a Big Wheel for my 2 yr old for Christmas and a bunch of dump rake teeth, for a project for my hubby(shh he doesn't know yet!).
At this point my camera was dropped by my 11 yr old, but thankfully not broken!
Much more to tell about the trip.....

2 comments:

:-) said...

Im so jealous! I would of loved to go!

Cindy said...

hey girl! I have posted once on this but have at least two more posts out of it! Keep posting so that I can hear all about it! Hugs! Cindy