-->

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Food Planning

I love to cook and I love to eat, I am hoping that buy scheduling meals I will be able to cook more. I read once how much easier it is to cook and plan when you have a well stocked pantry and it is SO true, but it can be expensive if you try to do it without a menu plan. Food Is Fun CookBook by AntiquesGaloreGal for $5.95


I've tried everything from weekly family meetings, to family members planning meals, to cooking once a week or cooking once and eating twice (that doesn't work if you have a husband who eats all your leftovers for his evening snack!)Country Festival Casserole Dish by SouthernLadysVintage for $16.00

My newest thing to try is something that was suggested to me by a mom of 7. Theme nights. And the meal doesn't have to be a perfectly home cooked meal, your family will survive if occasionally you have Macaroni and Cheese or soup and sandwiches sometimes. Sometimes good enough is okay.

Monday Mexican
Tuesday Italian
Wednesday Chicken Night
Thursday Frozen Pizza (my work day so we have an easy meal)
Friday Crock Pot Meal
Saturday Pasta
Sunday Pork or Fish
This definitely needs some tweaking and it may actually come to a set menu every 2 weeks that just alternates, but this will get me thinking and hopefully begin me on my road to organization!

Bon Appetite!

2 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I have one of those kind of husbands that says "I don't know what I want to eat til I get hungry".....so there goes any planning! Loved the post! Wish it would work for me! It would make my life a little simpler. Thanks very much for the feature!

Graceful Antiques and Vintage Collectibles said...

I used to do that when newly married. I had recipes and planned the shopping list.
Maybe I will try it again for the New Year.
Happy 2010 to everyone.